Manual Lymph Drainage
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a light, rhythmical massage that aids the body in collecting and moving lymphatic fluid, that is delivering nutrients, antibodies and other immune constituents to the tissue cells of the body and removing toxins, cell waste and dead particles which are then cleansed by the lymph nodes. MLD also lowers the blood pressure, reduces stress and improves sleep patterns.
The tissue fluid can become stuck due to toxic or mucus overload, a blocked lymph vein as a result of surgery or injury, or certain congenital problems. This leads to the puffy appearance of certain parts of the body, a slow healing process, and problems such as allergies, headaches, sinusitis, low energy and frequent infections.
MLD has proved to be particularly effective is oedema (water retention) and, in its more serious form, lymphoedema - severe swelling of a limb or body part - which can lead in turn to medical cellulitis. MLD is an essential element of Complex Decongestive Therapy (CDT), which is used to treat lymphoedema and also includes exercises for the affected limb, compression bandaging, skin care and wearing compression garments.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is an advanced therapy in which the practitioner uses gentle, rhythmic pumping techniques to move the skin in the direction of the lymph flow. This stimulates the lymphatic vessels, which carry substances vital to the defence of the body and removes waste products. Each session will last approximately one hour in Munich. Where appropriate, the masseuse will work in conjunction with your medical practitioner.
What are the advantages?
MLD is both preventative and remedial and can enhance your well being.
• Is deeply relaxing.
• Promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments, sprains and lessens pain.
• Can improve many chronic conditions: sinusitis, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, acne and other skin conditions.
• May strengthen the immune system.
• Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
• Is an effective component of the treatment and control of lymphoedema and assists in conditions arising from venous insufficiency.
• Promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of old scars. Minimises or reduces stretch marks.